Tuesday, July 21, 2009

whew, what a drive

Well, my stereotypes of Kansas being completely flat and totally cornfields were shattered today as I drove 11 hours from Denver, CO to Kansas City, MO! Indeed, eastern Colorado and western Kansas are pretty F-L-A-T, but then you get into some rolling hills in central Kansas, and I must admit, very pretty landscapes! :-)

My little Honda Fit did VERY well, averaging 40 m.p.g. on the highway! YIPPEE! And I was thrilled to have an IPOD auxilary adapter to plug my IPOD in so I could worship the entire way home!

It was a super time with family, and now I'm back to my home in KC which still needs a great deal of moving in organizing done to it! However, I'm thrilled that it is cool enough tonight to open windows and have fresh air flowing! whoo hoo!

Pictures to come.....just too tired right now!

No comments: