Thursday, July 02, 2009

Travel adventures!

Sorry, no pictures to accompany this blog, but maybe later! :-) Yes, I'm finally in the U.S., more specifically in Waynesboro, VA, staying with good friends and former missionaries in Osijek, Croatia, George and Lynn Ainsworth. Not only have they opened their home, but also their hearts and have loaned me a car to use while here. (Others also offered homes and cars, so I am well-loved and taken care of! :-))))

Travel saga: I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo glad I did not try to bring one of my cats with me on this trip because our flight out of Budapest was delayed by about 3 hours. This means many of us missed our connecting flight from Paris to the U.S. However, Air France rebooked us on flights the next day, and paid for hotel, dinner and breakfast Tuesday night! God bless them! So, I and 3 'new' friends whom I met in the airport in Budapest, had a great evening of chatting over dinner at the airport hotel in Paris...and it really was a 'God-encounter' as the wonderful gentleman and I had a very good discussion about good and evil, faith, belief, etc. He is a precious man, as is his wife, and they live in New York. The other lady is also from New York but has been living and working in Budapest for about 15 years, so the four of us had a great time together, making the inconvenience of travelling much easier. I'm thrilled, though, that I did not have to deal with a cat and hotel and overnight, and new flights, etc. WOW, the Lord knew the original plan of both coming in August is the BEST plan!

So, I finally arrived in Washington DC and Lynn picked me up at the airport and we drove 2+ hours to Waynesboro. I got about a 1/2 hour nap before a party where about 15 people blessed me with their presence and presents! Lynn had organized a "Welcome back to America" party with a 'kitchen' theme and so folks bought or brought things that will help me get settled in my new home in Kansas City! I nearly cried...such giving, open, generous hearts! And it was FABULOUS to see people and have a brief time of catching up!

Stayed up til ab out 11:30 p.m....and then as I was falling asleep while talking, I decided it was time for bed! :-) I'm kinda dragging today, but already drove "over the mountain" to Charlottesville for a meeting with a friend (it's about 30 minutes) and a BEAUTIFUL drive, and had some good prayer time with the Lord along the way!

So, that gives you few blog readers an update on my status! :-) The next days will be filled with meetings with friends, meals, parties (for the 4th of July!), church, collecting things from people all over the state...packing up a truck and driving to KC! Whew. Just taking it one day at a time!

Blessings abound in the midst of my sorrow of leaving my home called Hungary!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im pleased to hear you are there and well.

pepus said...

love you and miss you so much. will copy/paste this to all your entries honey ;)

Katie D said...

wish we could have been at your welcoming party, but we were driving back from canada! hope we get to see you sometime in the near future...