Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Home in Kansas City!

What a day! It all started at about 6:30 a.m. and by 8 a.m. I was on the road toward Kansas City from just outside Louisville, Kentucky. The drive was quite uneventful, however I did stop at Target just across the Illinois border to get some hangers for my clothes, and I ate lunch at Quizno's Sub. Yet another culture shock...as I was leaving the restaurant, a woman just randomly asked me where I'd gotten my shoes. I was a bit taken aback at first, and then realized, "Oh yea, I'm back in the U.S. where random people will just start talking to you out of the blue!" :-)

About 2 hours outside of Kansas City, I stopped to visit dear friends, Ed and Fran Lambeth in Columbia, MO. We had a short, but very nice visit and caught up a bit!

Then I finally arrived to my "new" home! The guy who has been cutting my grass was here just finishing up, so I came home to a nicely cut lawn! We had a great chat...me distracting him from grass cutting and him distracting me from unloading a few things from the U-haul truck.

I also met one of my neighbors...she was out cutting her grass and came over and introduced herself. Seems like a very sweet lady.

Well, when I walked in the house, I could tell I needed to clean....not a fun arrival, but oh well, such is life. So, I've just spent the last two hours cleaning, and now I'm ready to move in! :-) Albeit, it is nearly 11 p.m., but when the movers come tomorrow morning to unload the truck, at least they will have clean places to put things! :-)

One really strange thing is that I've not been down to the newly renovated basement apartment in my house! I've been SOOOOOOOO excited to see it, but there are renters down there, and they weren't home when I arrived, and now it's too late to go down and introduce myself...maybe tomorrow. I'm just so excited to see all the great renovations with my own eyes!

So, the next couple of days will be busy and full! I need to get moved in, try to find a car to buy, find some health insurance, and get some food in this house....not necessarily in that order!

Thanks for the prayers for a safe journey! It was a pretty easy drive...today was a bit long, but now I'm here, and will be settling in. I'm SOOOOOO glad I didn't try to bring one or both of my cats on this trip. Gotta get everything ready for their arrival in August!

Sorry, no profound thoughts in this blog, but for those who are following, hope this updates you on me and where I am!

No comments: