Saturday, July 11, 2009

Powerful visit

Something powerful took place today. My new friend, Linda, took me to Jill Austin's grave here in Kansas City. Jill went home quite suddenly to be with her Lord in January.

Before my friend picked me up, I was walking around my house thinking, "what can I take to the grave to place on it?"

Jill had a ministry called Master Potter, and she herself was a master potter. So, as I walked and prayed asking the Lord, I came upon a ceramic flower and a miniature 'water pot' I'd brought from Hungary. The flower is blue and was made by a ceramics potter in Hungary who is married to a dear friend of mine. The flower was given to all guests who came to their wedding. It struck me when I saw it that I needed to take that to the gravesite...Jill was quite literally 'married' to Holy Spirit and He was her husband and so it just seemed overwhelmingly clear that this gift, from the nations (Jill ministered across the globe to MANY nations), made by a ceramics potter and given at a wedding was the perfect thing for her grave. In addition, the small Hungarian water pitcher/pot jumped out at me from the shelf...when Jill would minister, the Holy Spirit would pour out like water over people!

So, there they sit, a tiny ceramic flower and a tiny piece of pottery in the form of a water jug, side by side, on her grave. May all that God did through her in the nations multiply 100 fold for the glory and honor of Jesus alone!

No comments: