Thursday, July 09, 2009

LOOONNNNGGGG DAY!

The movers came today to help unpack the truck. The funny part is that most of what was stored in a basement in Virginia is now once again stored in a basement here. Go figure.

It only took an hour for them to unload the truck, so I put them to work the second hour putting together some furniture I bought in Virginia! :-) So, I now have 4 very nice chairs around my kitchen table, and a beautiful mirror/coat rack next to my front door! whoo hoo!!!

I still have the U-haul truck...will return it tomorrow morning...and also about 100 miles to use; so I was off to the grocery store today in the truck! What a sight! Got enough groceries for a while. Now, I'm in the hunt for a car! Still looking for a Honda Fit (American version of the Jazz). There's one about 2 hours from here that is in my price range....but how to get it here? Oh how I long for busses and trains! So, after tomorrow morning, I will be wheel-less....which is kind of challenging in this country. I guess that will force me to get my house settled, and figure out creative ways to get out to see some cars. Ah, europe does have it's many advantages over America when it comes to transport!

I only slept about 3 hours last night....not sure why....but I did wake up trying to unload the truck in my brain and decide where everything needs to go. So, I was up at about 6 after tossing and turning for 2 hours. Hoping I sleep tonight....oh, I think I may have some ambien! Yea, that'll do the trick!

Sorry this blog has turned into kind of a diary....but my Hungarian friends have said they will be reading and keeping up with my every move...so here you go dear ones! I still miss you and always will! Loved skyping with Pepus and Lari today...great to hear your voices!

Pictures....coming.....well.....I'm taking them, just not downloading them. HA!

No comments: