Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Prayer Room

Many people over the months have asked me, "Why are you moving to Kansas City?" Well, one of the main reasons is because of IHOP. No, not International House of Pancakes (although I saw one fairly close by the other day). Rather International House of Prayer. You can check it out in detail at www.ihop.org

I first visited here with a friend in 2006 and loved it. I spent many hours in the prayer room, in which there has been 24/7 prayer and worship since 1999. It's an amazing place of no pretense but rather people earnestly seeking to know and love God more. At that time, the Lord gave me a number of songs, some of which are recorded on a CD I made with a friend, and others of which I recently put on a new CD. I returned again, twice in 2007, and wondered as I sat in the prayer room, if this might be a good place to do a year's sabbatical. At that time, I had much peace about that possibility.

Then as I began to pray and consider, IHOP continually came to the surface. It was then that I started to wonder if this might be a good place to move and have as a "home base" from which to "go out" to the nations.

Well, as time passed and things unfolded, it has all fallen into place. I now am a happy homeowner of a house exactly 1.5 miles from the prayer room, and the house is set up so that I can have renters in the basement and I can live upstairs. Should God call me away from here back overseas or elsewhere, it's also an ideal set-up. For now, I'm having fun setting up house, settling in to American life, sort of, and looking forward to some rest time and growth time in the Lord during this sabbatical year.

Pictures are forthcoming....

1 comment:

Mary Jill said...

Great blog to remind everyone - why you are where you are. We are settling in to the "new" realities. All of us. Looking forward to a day at my sis pool :-) and eve with mom. Have a GREAT day. Are you internet ready at the new house yet? Love & MISSES!!