Sunday, July 05, 2009

First days in the U.S. and missing Hungary!

This is Skidder, a beautiful Chesapeake Bay Retriever, who, yes, is eating corn on the cob OFF the cob! :-)

I spent the 4th of July at Lake Monticello with friends! What a perfect day! We did water aerobics in the lake, had a cookout, and just enjoyed hanging out and talking! No fireworks this year there because of the economic crisis!

Joanna Foley and me outside the Foley home in Charlottesville! We have jet-lagged eyes! :-)


Rebecca Foley being a ham!




Anna Foley and John Collmus.






I've had a very, very busy first few days in the U.S., seeing friends, collecting my worldly belongings from various people's basements, renting a U-haul truck, visiting my home church, laughing, and now, BAWLING my eyes out. The floodgates opened up tonight and I've been crying hard for hours missing people in Hungary!

No comments: