Monday, March 23, 2009

Will I miss this or not?

Today, during my two-hour break at school between classes, I put on my Ipod shuffle and walked to the post office about 5 blocks away. I had to pay a bunch of bills. Yes, this is how most people still pay bills here in Hungary: you go to the post office, stand in line, and give them your bills and cash or your debit card.

I can't decide if I will miss this routine or not...you see, there's a personal touch in handing your bills to an actual person. I've also made a good friend at the main post office downtown with the woman who works upstairs! She has been patient with me over the years and we ALWAYS have a smile for one another! I'll miss her. Tears came to her eyes when I told her I was returning to the U.S.

However, it will be nice to go online and pay bills...but I'll miss the walks to the P.O as well. Hmmm, it's definitely a toss-up on this one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, this is an awesome post... I am glad you are doing these... it is a new window into how the mundane in your life becomes sacred as you live and love for Him