Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A very good book!

My 30-somethings Bible study women and I are reading a great book by Bob Sorge called In His Face. All I can say at this point, after the first 3 chapters, is you need to read this book!

Here are just a smattering of quotes from the first three chapters:

"The cross is the surest antidote to theological weirdness. It is time to gaze with new wonder at the passion of Christ's cross."

"I have five things to say about waiting. First: I hate it. Second: waiting on the Lord kills me. Wait a minute. Now I'm seeing something. That's what He's trying to do. He's taking so long because He wants me to die to myself. Third: Waiting is an act of humility...waiting is humbling because it is a posture of dependence. Fourth: waiting is an act of faith. Fifth: waiting puts us in a receiving posture."

"My flesh is absolutely incapable of tuning in to God's sense of timing."

Some food for thought, huh?

No comments: