Friday, March 13, 2009

In His Face - by Bob Sorge

What a book! Here's more:

"Jesus operated totally independently of people. Whatever He did or didn't do, it had nothing to do with those around Him. Everything He did was because it was what the Father was telling Him to do." (p. 80)

Whoa, do I operate totally independently of people, and only do what the Father tells me to do?

"If I do not receive honor from men, then here's the liberating part: I need not receive dishonor from men. This is what gave Jesus His incredible freedom in the presence of His critics.
I have often been amazed at how Jesus handled confrontational situations. When He went "head to head" with the Pharisees, He never backed down once. I thought, "Jesus, You sure were thick-skinned!" But it wasn't that Jesus was hard or tough; it was simply that when they fired their dishonor at Him, He didn't receive it. Because He didn't receive their honor either." (p. 82)

God, forgive me for seeking honor from people.

No comments: