Sunday, March 15, 2009

Things I'll miss in Hungary....


When you move to a new country, people inevitably ask, "So, what do you miss from __________?"


So, as things come to mind, I'll share them here...not that anyone is interested, but it may give you a picture of Hungary and how "hungarian" I've become.


First, I will miss flowers. Inexpensive flowers! In the spring and summer, flowers are everywhere and you can get a huge bunch of flowers for about $5-$10! People give flowers for many occassions...birthdays, namedays, funerals, graduations, weddings, etc. Flowers are SUCH a part of Hungarian culture...I will miss them! I will especially miss buying them from the little old neni's at the market near my flat!

Another thing I will miss is GOOD CHOCOLATE! (Sorry, but Hershey's cannot hold a candle to european chocolate!) There's no picture because I already ate it all today! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

never realized how big flowers were for us, but you're totally right, they are. what else will you miss (apart from me of course ;))))?pepus