Monday, September 07, 2009

Prophecy rooms

The Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 14:1: "Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy."

For years, I just sort of passed over the latter part of that verse, believing that prophecy was something that happened a LONG time ago and was no longer relevant for today. However, I've come to believe, after studying the Scriptures, seeking the wisdom of the Lord and experiencing this gift myself, that indeed prophecy IS for today, for the comfort, edification and encouragement of the body of Christ!

No, it is not about predicting the future; it's about building up the body of Christ! Yesterday, my friend Mary Jill and I visited the prophecy rooms here at IHOP. One of the things I always pray is this: Jesus, I just want more of YOU and nothing else! Well, we both got super blessed yesterday...and I want to share just one item that completely blew me away!

As we were sitting in the prayer room waiting to go in, a young boy came up to us and said, "You can come in the room now." He was 12 years old and I thought, "hm, I wonder if he is the 'gopher'....sent to bring people to the room?" But then he stayed in there along with 3 other women.

So, three of us come in, and there are 3 women and this 12 year old boy. My next thought was, "Well, maybe he is in training."

Much to my surprise, and I had to repent for judging that this "little boy" really shouldn't be in this room and what could he know?" because the Lord spoke SO specifically and clearly through him and both Mary Jill and I left INCREDIBLY encouraged by his words, as well as the others'.

What blew me away was this: I have, for the past 2 years, had my heart pricked in huge ways by the Lord about the issue/problem of human trafficking. I've not really talked much about it, but have prayed and layed it down before the Lord. So, back to yesterday...this young man is speaking and he stops for a second, and asks me: "Do you have a heart for human trafficking?" I told him, 'Yes', and then he went on, encouraging me in that desire of my heart!

Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." (Mt. 18:3-4)

I believe the Lord used this 12 year old young boy to humble me and help me to realize once again the relevance of the above verse. This boy is so humble and willing to be used by the Lord to encourage the body of Christ...who am I to say that he cannot speak into my heart and teach me? I too need to humble myself and become like a child again, ready and willing to hear God's Truth! Thank you Lord for lessons in humility and how YOU are lifting up young people to speak forth Your Truth and Your Word! Amen and amen!

No comments: