Wednesday, September 16, 2009

No-touch car wash

Today I went looking for a car wash. (I was feeling too lazy to wash my car at home). So, I pulled in to a gas station and they had a "no touch" car wash. 'Cool' I thought. Well, I learned my lesson.

No touch....no clean....yep, not clean AT ALL. Way too many dollars later, I'm left with having to wash my car myself.

Yep, I got a spiritual truth from this experience....no touch....no grow....no change. If we want to grow in our relationships with God, we have to "touch" Him, not physically, but in the Spirit. We can go through the motions, read the Bible, go to prayer meetings, attend Bible studies, even attend church and sing in the choir and serve in the community; and we can remain untouched, unchanged.

It's only when we 'touch' the Lord in the spirit realm that we can grow and change. Easier said than done because it's not about more spiritual, Christian activity. In fact, it could be about getting quiet and sitting before the Lord in quietness and listening to His voice. Ask God how He wants to show Himself to you, to touch you so that you can grow and change! He loves you; He'll tell you!

No comments: