Monday, September 07, 2009

Divine appointments

I walked into the lobby of the Prayer Room at IHOP yesterday, and a young man was standing there holding his young son, 20 months old. I said hello, and cuz kids ALWAYS grab my heart, started interacting with this child and his dad.

To make a long story short, this young man and his wife and two children are called to northern Uganda. Currently, they are in the World Missions program here at IHOP. Their goal is to go join the house of prayer in northern Uganda and start a missions training school there for indigenous Christians. The school will be two years long: the first year students will be immersed in learning and practicing 24/7 prayer and worship, and the second year is training in outreach and evangelism and all parts of missions.

My heart was SINGING about this!!! Why? Because THAT is the format of the World Missions school here at IHOP as well, and THAT is exactly my heart as well!

So, I asked this young man if 'visitors' can come in and sit in on any classes. Indeed, next Monday, I will go and get a visitors' pass and be able to sit in on the class and meet the director, etc.

God is good ALL the time!

No comments: