Thursday, September 24, 2009

A big event in DC on Friday

50,000 muslims are slated to converge on the steps of the capitol in Washington, DC to pray tomorrow from 4-7 p.m. EST. At the very bottom of the webpage set up for this event it reads:

OUR TIME HAS COME
As I have spent time this week pondering and praying about this gathering, I am convinced that for me, the best response is prayer; however, my prayer is to the one who declared, and I believe is, the Way, the Truth, and the Life...Jesus Christ.
So, I too will pray tomorrow, that Jesus Christ be glorified and lifted up as the Son of the Living God, the Savior, Redeemer, Lover of all Mankind, Lord of Lords and King of Kings, the Alpha and the Omega, the only way to the Father, the Messiah, Yeshua, the one whose death tore the veil and whose resurrection makes it possible for every single person on this earth to have eternal LIFE! He is the living God, the amazing giver of love, grace, mercy, truth and life. He is not a cause, nor is He a religion. His heart's desire is that every single person on this planet come into a living, loving relationship with Himself! (John 17)
Father, forgive us, for we have strayed from this Truth. We repent, plead the blood of Jesus over us, our nation, and our sins, and ask that YOU, Lord Jesus, be lifted up today, tomorrow and every day after that in the glory and honor You are due! Amen and amen!

2 comments:

Katie D said...

my youth group is getting a group together to go prayer walking where the muslims were on saturday. but we have our church retreat so i cant go :( this summer i went to a camp with my church where we do community service around DC everyday, and one day we learned about prayer walking and prayed through the streets of DC! so you can pray for my youth group as they do it again saturday!

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

AMEN! That is very cool! I will pray! Break off those prayers that they prayed! Go GIRL!