Saturday, September 12, 2009

More cat pictures

Simon, not quite sure it's safe to come outside!

Toby, at home already in the backyard!


Toby loving the sofa!

Simon loving the floor!





No, I'm not a cat freak, but I'm hoping my former neighbor in Hungary, Kati, might be looking at my blog and seeing that "the boys" are just fine here in the U.S. (Someone there want to call Kati and ask her to check out my blog, please? Thanks!)


So, here they are.....I think, actually, they are missing Kati...both have been pretty subdued the last couple of days. How can one know what is going on inside a cat's brain? Sometimes people are like that....they get really quiet, or don't respond at all.....


Recently, I emailed a friend of mine and asked a question. No response...none...it's been a couple of weeks now. What IS going on in her head? Did I upset her with the question? I didn't think it was an intrusive or offensive question. I have no clue what is going on inside her head...no communication...


.....thus, I come to my spiritual application...hee heehee....regular blog readers know I love to do this, but guess what, I typically do NOT plan these application parts...they are dropped in my heart as I write. Go God!


....So, if we are not communicating with God, how can we know what He is thinking? What He desires? What is His heart? Obviously, the Bible is our first line of communication....then prayer....quieting our hearts and minds and bodies to sit and listen to the voice of the one who is Spirit and Truth!


I wish my cats could tell me what they are thinking and feeling. I wish this friend would respond to my email...yell at me, rebuke me, say SOMETHING! I know many people who wish God would speak as well. Well, I'm here to tell you, HE IS SPEAKING! He is screaming...in a good way that is.....in soooooooooo many clear ways. The question is, are we listening? You see, my cats are speaking too...if I know them, I know their "language"; my friend is speaking too: loudly and clearly she is saying something by NOT saying anything. It does NOT take a brain surgeon to figure that one out. And what about God? Look around....He has spoken, is speaking and will speak....the question remains, are we willing to listen to what He has to say?

No comments: