Saturday, January 17, 2009

From "Ruthless Trust" by Brennan Manning

Going through books again....found this excellent quote....since I'm writing my own book now which is all about relationships, my heart is in tune with others' thoughts and ideas/reflections on relationships.

"As Merton noted, 'In our human relationships we have no need to identify others with their sins and condemn them for their actions: for we are able, in them also, to see below the surface and to guess at the presence of the inner and innocent self that is the image of God.' After such an experience in Thailand shortly before his death, Merton wrote in his journal, 'Everything is compassion; I am swimming in it.'"

Wow, don't we need the heart of our loving Heavenly Father to give us such a view about people and relationships!!!! Can I get an AMEN from anyone out there?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AMEN!!!