Thursday, January 15, 2009

Emotionally Healthy Spirituality

I'm going back through the book Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero and reading my underlined parts. I came across this quote last night which is a challenge, I believe, for all of us!

"The call of emotionally healthy spirituality is a call to a radical, countercultural life. It is a call to intentionality, rhythm, and expectation of a life transformed by the risen Christ with the power to see through the illusions and pretense of our world." (p. 58)

I would "add" a thought here...it's a call to a radical life of seeking to hear, through the indwelling Holy Spirit, the very heartbeat of Father God regarding Himself, ourselves, our community, and the world.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wrote this already & thought I posted it, but I don't think it went through. If it did go through already, sorry.

This is something that I have been wrestling with for a long time. It was awakened in me after reading "Waking the Dead" by John Eldridge a while back, and has re-emerged reading "The Bravehearted Gospel" recently. I know that there is a life that is beyond our comprehension if we can only believe that it's true. Jesus died to give us this kind of life. He did NOT die to give us the mediocre life most of us end up living. Praying to our Father helps make Him real in our lives and allows the Holy Spirit to work miracles. I, like you, have been blessed to be able to taste this traqnsformed life, and it is GOOD!

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

Amen and amen! Here's a thought....moving now into a season of praying "with" my Father...hearing His heart, walking alongside and seeing from His perspective. Thoughts?

Unknown said...

I have become so aware that, for me to live a transformed life, I HAVE to be in a comitted relationship with my Father, His son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. A relationship takes time, effort, energy, sacrifice as we know. Jesus gave us all of that and more. Why should we expect to be able to have an awesome relationship with the King of the universe with anything less?

So...I love your idea!!!