Friday, January 16, 2009

The Body of Christ

I'm on a fast-track with God. I love it! The past few years have been 'challenging' in ways I could never have imagined. Some of what has taken place, I could wish never would have happened; however, as I quiet my heart before the Lord each day, I can now say with confidence and joy, I am so very thankful for absolutely everything that has taken place...the good, the bad, the painful, and the ugly!


As I shared with someone just the other day, "It's all been grace upon grace...even the most hurtful, nasty things...grace upon grace." It's sort of like Joseph...a man destined for greatness in God, but the road he had to travel was riddled with challenges he could never have imagined. Yet Grace was there the whole way, guiding, leading and bringing him into his prophesied destiny!


Through all of what the Lord has allowed me to experience, the body of Christ has unfolded in new and interesting ways, BETTER and more amazingly than I could have ever asked or imagined! God's children are incredible, and those who have walked beside me in Christ-like, healthy ways, have renewed my hope in God's goodness, mercy, grace and love through His people!


Most importantly, they have pointed me to Jesus alone! And THAT fact is the primary function of the body of Christ----pointing one another to the author of life, our faith, our salvation, our sanctification, our healing....the author and finisher of everything in us!


Glory, glory, glory to the Lord God almighty, who was and is and is to come! Hallelujah!!!!

No comments: