Monday, October 22, 2007

Weekend away




I got away for the weekend...drove to Debrecen after teaching on Saturday....yes, sometimes we teach on Saturdays to enable us to have "long weekends" when we have a holiday. Tuesday is a national holiday here in Hungary, October 23, celebrating the 1956 Revolution against the Soviet occupation of Hungary. So, anyway, we taught on Saturday in order to have Monday off.


Debrecen was a real blessing! I got to worship at the International Church of Debrecen Saturday night and then go out to dinner with friends Edith Bond, and Pastor Ed and Sybil Courtney...pictured...to a cool diner called "Route 66". Sunday, I enjoyed sleeping in with no cats to come and tap me to remind me to feed them, and then Edith, Sybil and I went to the thermal baths in Debrecen and enjoyed about 4 hours of lazing around in the hot thermal pools! We were blessed to come home to a wonderful pot of bean soup and then watched funny DVDs and laughed a lot....a true necessity right now!!!
Today I took a long walk and snapped some pictures of trees....I really miss seeing reds on trees here in the fall, so when I saw these, I got excited! The drive home, 1/2 way in the dark and torential rainstorm, was exciting....and wonderful at the same time as I blasted worship music the entire way home. Good to get away, but good to be back in my own place, with my boys!

No comments: