Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Vision and the Reality

I love Oswald Chambers' devotional book "My Utmost for His Highest". It is chocked full of wisdom and penetrating truths which continue to be timeless. Some thoughts from today's reading are especially poignant for me right now.

"We have seen what we are not, and what God wants us to be, but are we willing to be battered into the shape of the vision to be used by God? The beatings will always come in the most common, everyday ways and through common, everyday people.

There are times when we do not know what God's purpose is; whether we will let the vision be turned into actual character depends on us, not on God.

Our little "I am" always sulks and pouts when God says do. Let your little "I am" be shriveled up in God's wrath and indignation---"I AM WHO I AM...has sent me to you" (Exodus 3:14). He must dominate. Isn't it piercing to realize that God not only knows where we live, but also knows the gutters into which we crawl! He will hunt us down as fast as a flash of lightning. No human being knows human beings as God does."

No need to add to what Chambers has already written....

No comments: