Sunday, October 14, 2007

Jason Upton song

I wanted to go swim today, but there was a waterpolo match in the pool where I usually swim...so I had a wonderful walk and settled down on a bench in the park across the river to get my 15 min. of natural vitamin D. As I sat, listening to my Ipod shuffle, a song by Jason Upton, who is one of my favorite artists, came on and I want to share some of the lyrics from that song because I believe it captures the heart of where many people I know are right now, including myself. I hope these words bless you!

"I wanna know Your heart
Like a child knows His Father,
I wanna know Your voice
Like my little boy knows my voice;

And I hear you at a distance
When the world can't make it out I can hear it coming
Your voice, O Father;
Your voice, O Father,
The still small voice
And I wanna hear Your voice O Father,
Even when it seems at a distance
When people think I'm crazy
For thinking I can hear You.

I wanna know Your voice O Father
I wanna hear it coming
I wanna be the first around the corner
To take Your hand and walk with You
To the chair that You have and sit down on Your lap and hold on.

Sometimes that's all we do as children is hear Your voice
Coming around the corner and hold on,
Sometimes that's what it feels like to be a child of God
is just holding on....

But a childlike generation all it knows how to do
Is hold on....
I wanna hold on to You Father
More than I run and play or dance around
I wanna hold on to You Father
sit on Your lap and hear Your voice whisper over me
in the midst of the storm, peace.

Oh I give you peace
Strength of the generation is peace,
Jesus said I wanna give you peace o children,
O the peace that goes beyond the understanding
O the peace that comes by knowing the whisper of a Father;
I give you peace in the midst of your brokenness
I give you peace in the midst of your emptiness
I give you peace in the midst of the moments when you feel so dry
I give you peace
I give you peace
I give you peace
I give you peace, when you feel you can't go on,
I give you peace when rejection's far too much
I give you peace, oh when the shame is too unbearable
And the world seems so cruel
I give you peace.....
I give you peace, at times you are fearful
The peace of a child, holding on, and I wanna see the cloud, the cloud
coming....when no one else sees the cloud, give me eyes of the Father and
faith like a child and the ability to feel the same and knowing I see it coming now, I wanna see You coming......
I wanna know You're coming,
You're coming to rescue me, I know you're coming
in the midst of the trial, I know you're coming
in the midst of the circumstance, I know You're coming;
So I'll wait,
and restless is only that of a child waiting for his Daddy
shaking on the inside, can't wait til You come home....
can't wait til you come home.
I can't wait til You come home....o yea, can't wait til You come home,
Give me the faith of a child, with a restlessness inside,
that's just waiting to see You Father, before anyone else sees you,
Waiting to hear You Father, Your voice is still off in a distance, I
hear You coming, and I can hear You coming, Your Kingdom coming,
I wanna be Your child."

No comments: