Saturday, October 27, 2007

Oswald Chambers

I simply cannot seem to get away from the truths God is speaking to me through this guy!

"The challenge to the missionary...comes from the perspective of the missionaries' own personal relationship with Jesus Christ---'Do you believe that I am able to do this?' (Matthew 9:28) Our Lord unwaveringly asks us that question, and it confronts us in every individual situation we encounter. The one great challenge to us is---do I know my risen Lord? Do I know the power of His indwelling Spirit? Am I wise enough in God's sight, but foolish enough according to the wisdom of the world, to trust in what Jesus Christ has said? Or am I abandoning the great supernatural position of limitless confidence in Christ Jesus, which is really God's only call for a missionary? If I follow any other method, I depart altogether from the methods prescribed by our Lord---'All authority has been given to Me....Go therefore...' (Matt. 28:18-19)"

Do I really believe, truly, with all my heart, that Jesus is able to do "this". Whatever "this" is...heal, work out a difficult situation, restore a friendship, bring a person to Himself, change my mourning into dancing?

In John 4 is a verse that ties in with this: "If you knew the gift of God and who it is who speaks with you now...." when we stop seeing things from our limited, natural perspectives, and instead, put on the Spirit-eyes, every situation will take on a new dimmension beyond what we could ever ask or imagine because it will uncover for us the very gift of God which is Jesus Himself.

2 comments:

Laci and Keri NĂ©meth said...

I have his complete works... if you want I can loan it to you...
:)

Laci

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

Thanks. I have just the devotional. Have read it for years and it's new every time! Great seeing you guys yesterday!