Thursday, October 11, 2007

My strength

The Joy of the Lord is my strength! I awakened this morning with this Truth from Scripture on my heart and mind. The JOY of the Lord is my strength! Not my good circumstances, not my wonderfully strong body, not my friends, not my family, not my work situation, not ministry, not even fun activities are my strength...it is the Lord's JOY which is my strength, and when I try to make other things or look to other things to bring me joy, I fail miserably because nothing can satisfy nor bring true and lasting joy except the Lord Himself! I am so quick to forget this and so often look to those other things to give me joy and strengthen me, when all the while, Jesus is waiting to pour out His Joy into me to make me strong! Thank you, Lord, for your amazing patience with me!

No comments: