Monday, October 05, 2009

What a FUN evening!

Tonight was a first! I got to meet with a former student of mine from Hungary who goes to Park College here in Kansas City! Imagine that! Kitti Katona graduated from Deak in Szeged about 5 years ago and is on a soccer scholarship and working on her masters degree now here!

So, she found this restaurant in KC called Grinders which, on Monday nights, has Hungarian food!!! The "szakacs" is a 60+ something year old Hungarian man! Tonight's Hungarian menu was goulash! Next week, it is csirke paprikas! Kitti brought friends from her soccer team, 2 other Hungarian girls, a British girl and one American. Two other American girls came as well. There just happened to be another Hungarian woman at the restaurant as well, so I got to speak some Hungarian, although since it was an international group, we mostly spoke English!

WHAT A BLAST! I'm so happy to find this restaurant, these people, and have the chance to speak some Hungarian! For all my Hungarian buddies, I have NOT lost it yet! :-))))))

Pictures to come once I stop being lazy about downloading them from my camera to the computer....sorry.

1 comment:

zteny said...

This place sounds like a lot of fun.Hope I will be able to live there and meet you someday :)