Sunday, October 25, 2009

1/3 of the way through Intro

It's hard to believe that we have finished four weeks of this internship. Only eight weeks to go! It is FLYING by and I'm loving every minute of it! Yes, it is demanding (50 hours a week is a demanding schedule!), and sometimes overwhelming with the amount of material we are learning, and yes, I'm kind of tired at times, but I am getting into a kind of rhythm, and enjoying life and people and all I'm learning!

I may have already said this, but the image bears repeating: This internship is like drinking from a fire hydrant! There's SOOOOOOO much great stuff to learn and so much time just sitting in the presence of the Lord with 24/7 prayer and worship going on that one cannot help but grow!

Right now, as I'm typing this blog, I have the live webstream on (you can get it too!) and the team is singing this chorus:

"It's all for You, here we are, here we are! Jesus shine through all the praises that we sing. For You are the One we want to meet!"
Two books of the Bible I have neglected the most are Song of Solomon and Revelation. Well, guess what? Those are the two books most emphasized here at IHOP, so I am really getting an education! Seeing God's passion for people is just blowing me away...we cannot but respond with what they are singing now:
"We love You, we love you, Lord, You're the one we came here for! You're the one our hearts adore!"
So, in spite of the bad sore throat, bad cold, stretched tendon in the arch of my foot, UTI, and touch of the flu that I've experienced throughout these 4 weeks, I am absolutely in awe that God would give me the grace to be here, now, experiencing Him in such amazing ways! He is good all the time!

2 comments:

J said...

Hi, do you know what is the title or who is the singer of that song?
"We love You, we love you, Lord, You're the one we came here for! You're the one our hearts adore!"

thank you!

Anonymous said...

I want to know who sings this song as well..... I love the song! Need the title and singer, please!!