Monday, October 19, 2009

Driving the shuttle




The International House of Prayer has a few different buildings which are a few miles from one another. Parking is always an issue, especially for major events, like this past weekends' Prayer and Prophetic Conference. So, in order to accomodate all those who want to come, IHOP provides free shuttle service from building to building.

As part of my internship, I get to serve in various ways, and this weekend, I got to drive one of the shuttles on Friday night! These hold about 14 people, and I must say, it was a BLAST! I had such a great time, especially when there was only one or two people in the shuttle because I was able to talk and get to know them while shuttling them from place to place!


So, I had a friend of mine take these pictures of me driving the shuttle! :-)


Interestingly, one of my favorite things about this particular season I am in right now is that I'm not the point person. I'm not the leader. I'm not "in charge". I am able to receive and give...there are others giving me my service assignments and it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wonderful! It's probably more wonderful because I know it is for a greater purpose than myself or my little world!

1 comment:

MASCOTT said...

Girl you look mighty fine driving that van.
Maaaaaarsha