Saturday, October 10, 2009

Random thoughts....

Here are random thoughts in bullet points:

  • It's cold here...frost warning tonight. Turned the heat on for the first time today.
  • Happy: A wonderful young lady just moved into my basement apartment today!
  • Sad: the wonderful family who was living in my basement apartment has moved out. :-(
  • I'm doing laundry right now...waiting for the dryer to finish so I can go to bed.
  • Had popcorn for dinner...oops, that's not on the "O" blood type diet!
  • Actually, had a hamburger and two carrots for dinner...popcorn was after EGS snack.
  • Toby got really upset today when I was in the basement moving my boxes from the storage area up to the garage...REALLY upset...wouldn't stop meowing. I'm pretty sure he thought we were moving again. Poor little guy.
  • I am quite adept now at putting things in my attic.
  • I missed the last day of the farmer's market...they are pretty wimpy here in the U.S....unlike the market in Szeged, Hungary, they don't sit outside all winter selling.
  • I'm curious about the Nobel committee's selection of Obama for the prize given the others who were on the list who have actually accomplished something significant.
  • I'm learning.
  • I'm growing.
  • I'm seeing how much more I need to learn and grow.
  • I love my Honda Fit which continues to average 40 mpg, even in the city!
  • I'm looking forward to Monday night and csirke paprikas at a downtown KC restaurant with my Hungarian friends!
  • I love it that I was able to chat, in Hungarian, on skype today while in the prayer room!
  • I love the YMCA.
  • I miss my hairdresser, Bori...SO in need right now.
  • I miss my Hungarian friends.
  • I enjoy my new friends here.
  • Life is good.

No comments: