Monday, August 31, 2009

Almost embarrassing moment #1 in Kansas City

I joined the local YMCA today! They give a great deal for those connected to the International House of Prayer, and I really, really need to swim and work out! You see, in January, my 80 year old father and two of my brothers and I will be going to Canada to go helicopter skiing! My dad is treating us all to this amazing trip...and we are all now working hard to get in shape for such strenuous skiing!

Anyway, back to my almost embarrassing moment. I had just finished swimming at the Y, in the deep end across the width of the pool because there was a water aerobics class in the shallow end....and I was heading into the locker room. Being the law-abiding girl that I am, I see a sign that says, "You must completely dry off before going in the locker room." I would generally ignore it, or dry off some, but here was a class of 35 senior citizens watching me...so, I dried of some more and then started to go in the locker room. About 1/2 the class started yelling at me...."No, No, that's the men's locker room!" Sure enough, I was half-way through the door....oops. I turned and said, "Thanks! THAT would have been embarrassing!"....and then sheepishly made my way to the ladies locker room door. Ah, the joys of being in a new place. I guess I could say I'm a foreigner and can't read English??? Naw....

No comments: