Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Speaking life while facing illness

My Aunt Jean was given 2 weeks to live two and a half years ago. Cancer. She received treatment, and some of it was really rough...now they can't treat her anymore...or at least that's what her doctor and favorite nurse have said. They've "discharged" her, given her pain pills and sent her home.

This is hard...this is family...yes, we are born, we live and then we leave this world for the next. It's the way she is leaving that is hard...when you wake up in the morning wondering just how many days you have left because you know it is quite possibly a matter of days, maybe weeks.

I hate cancer. It was NOT a part of God's design. It is NOT what God intended, and so up to the end, I will speak life over my aunt. I will speak the blood of Jesus over my aunt. I will speak mercy, grace and the peace of Jesus Christ over my aunt. God truly is our only hope and the only true healer of minds, bodies, souls and spirits, through the blood of Jesus Christ.

I'm sad..........more for her daughters and for my dad, who is her last remaining sibling. But, she's also had a great life...so I celebrate Aunt Jean and continue to pray for complete healing, mind, body, soul and spirit in Jesus' name for His glory alone. Amen!

No comments: