Thursday, August 13, 2009

In Hungary....and on my way to Sweden

Traveled to Hungary without incident...oops, I take that back. I arrived at Dulles in plenty of time to catch my plane only to discover that my flight had been cancelled! I was booked on a later flight, however that would not have gotten me to New York in time to make my connection...so, I got a voucher from Delta...God bless Delta....for a taxi to Washington National Airport, where I got on an earlier flight. Made it to Hungary as did my bag, hallelujah, and my good friend Barb was there to pick me up and bring me to Szeged.

After greeting my cats, who had not yet forgotten me, and then lunch with Barb, I took a quick nap, then the fun began...in the past 24 hours, I have seen 17 friends, gotten my hair cut and colored, had a facial and a pedicure, and taken my cats to the vet to get their last shots and teeth cleaned before the big journey next week! Whew!

Now I'm packed and ready to head to the train station to visit more friends in Budapest for the night, then to Sweden for a wedding on Saturday!

It was an interesting night with a family in the next building SCREAMING for 2 hours starting at about 11 p.m....not pretty and I think someone finally called the police. However, I did get a good night's sleep and am not suffering from too much jet-lag! Thank you Jesus!

It's good to be back in Hungary...walking everywhere, enjoying the familiar sights and sounds...but it's also time to leave. The strangest thing happened today...at the vet, when everything was finished and we were saying goodbye, I got REALLY sad and choked up. Tears formed in my eyes and one of the vets also had to turn away...tears. I was surprised I would cry having to say bye to my vets...but I realize they have taken such good care of me and my boys for 9 years...I'm thankful for them!

Sorry no pictures....don't have my laptop with me...am in an internet cafe....so blog readers will have to wait til I get back to the U.S. to see pix! :-)

Off to get my train ticket, some dinner and then to Budapest.

No comments: