Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dear, precious friends

My 30-somethings Bible study women and their families and I had a (G)arden party last evening! We tried to have one in the spring, but all of our schedules were so packed it never worked out. I'm glad it didn't.

This party was awesome...fun, laid-back, great weather, wonderful food, fantastic friends, laughter, sport and of course a couple of tears at the end, saying "see you later".

I've written about these women...two of the three were my students here in Hungary way back in the early 1990s...all three came to Bible studies back then....upon my return to Hungary in 2000, we started meeting for Bible study again. We've been going strong for 9 years, and they are continuing themselves!

Back to the party...I got to play soccer with the kids, and some of the adults...Tamas and Peter....both young boys now ages 4 and 6, were both healed in their mothers' wombs miraculously! It's so much fun to see them so full of love, life and energy!!! I taught all the kids how to say, "I love you!" in English and so at the end, it was a long, drawn out goodbye with lots of English "I love you"s being spoken to one another!

This trip has been such a blessing for me...thank you to those of you who made it possible through your support! This has been a very good week of closure on my 9 years spent in Hungary. :-)

No comments: