Sunday, August 09, 2009

The right tools....

I was sort of dreading today. Today was the day I wanted to get out and raise the wheels on the lawnmower so I could cut the grass before leaving for Hungary. You see, I was thrifty and bought the least expensive mower, which does NOT have self-adjusting wheels. So, the thought of trying to unscrew the bolts, etc., was not a happy thought.

However, I had thought ahead and bought some tools. The right tools. It took me about 10 minutes to change all four wheels! It was easy! That made my mood for cutting grass all the better! And, the grass now looks a BIT more normal...one more cut and all evidence of stripes should be gone! :-)

Having the right tools for a job is essential. The bolts weren't stripped. The task was made easy, and might I say, even enjoyable?

Having the right tools....the right tools.......are there tools in our lives with Jesus? I believe there are. Some folks might believe there are many tools. I think, however, there are two: the Word of God and the Holy Spirit.

You see, the Holy Spirit is fully God, and Jesus said that He would send the Counselor (Holy Spirit) to remind us of everything Jesus taught us and lead us into ALL TRUTH!

So, the Holy Spirit is an essential tool...without Holy Spirit, we cannot know Truth, and with the Word of God, we can be sure that the voice we are hearing is indeed the Holy Spirit because that voice will never contradict the Word of God.

Two tools. Essential. Necessary. And amazingly, both are gifts of grace from God Himself.

No comments: