Friday, March 03, 2006

Swimming.........surprised???

I arrived at the pool today and nearly every lane was FREE!!! I stood in shock and hurridly took off my robe, hopped under the shower, put on my goggles and got in an empty lane!!! You may not understand, but on a typical day, there are a minimum of 3-4 people in each lane, so to have a lane to oneself is truly a gift not to be missed! Each time I made the turn, I looked to see if someone had jumped in my lane to start swimming, but I was able to go a full 800 meters before, finally, a very slow woman began swimming in my lane. I must admit, a feeling of frustration set in because there were other empty lanes...why couldn't she go to those lanes? And on my last 50 meters, I had to "pass" her, thus interrupting the swimming "flow" I'd gotten in during my 1000 meter journey.

Do we GRAB the gifts the Lord gives us? Do we relish them with everything within us? And when something comes in to "disturb" that gift or the "working out of that gift", how do we respond? ...And the greatest of these is love....

No comments: