Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Birthday Blog

Today is my birthday! Most people don't go around "announcing" things like this, and I'm usually in the category of "most people". But for some reason, this year, I'm excited about my birthday. I'm a very new person this year. In the past one and a half years, and especially in the last 10 months (to the DAY), God has done radical things in my life, and probably for the very first time, I am realizing what a blessing a birthday is. God, in His amazing love and sovereignty, KNEW me before the foundation of the world, He saw me, He placed me in my mother's womb, He formed me, He breathed life into me, He delighted in me before ANYONE else could ever delight in me...in other words, the Author of Life gave me life on this day, in His perfect timing, for His perfect purposes, one of which is simply to be His precious daughter. Birthdays are taking on a whole new meaning for me because if the God of the Universe planned that I would be born and have life, then celebrating His amazing gift of life is the least I can do, and is an exciting event! Jesus sets us free, and as He continues to bring freedom, the freedom to celebrate every day as His gift, and birthdays as HUGE gifts, is so much more fun! Be blessed today!!!!

No comments: