Sunday, February 22, 2009

Details vs. Big Picture

Anyone who knows me well knows I'm not a detail person. I like the big picture! I like visioning! I like possibilities and dreams. If I have to deal with too many details, I can get overwhelmed sometimes, and I get tired. Those people who get energized by dealing with details...more power to ya!

These days, I'm having to deal with a lot of details. I was sorting through things yesterday, stacking books I will sell and those I will take back with me to the U.S., and I finally 'hit a wall', as I tend to describe it. I have to stop because the task gets to be too much for me.

I take after my dad. He had and still has lots of piles...and he knows where everything is in those piles. I too have lots of piles and today, in my living room, there are piles of papers and piles of books. That's because I'm purging and cleaning and tossing. I don't mind the piles so much...it's the final step of tossing that I don't like...."what IF I need that?" Pack-rat-itis I think it is called.

Too much clutter...JKF, are you gonna come help me? Please?????

3 comments:

Joanna said...

next weekend??

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

The 27th? WAY COOL if you want!

Ms. Sassafras said...

I remember when I moved home from Romania and sorted through my stuff. I thought I had done such a great job narrowing it down. When I got home I just left the bags pretty much packed for several weeks - later as I pulled stuff out I thought WHY in the heck did I even think I needed to save this??

OF COURSE - my stuff was only 2 years of accumulation not 10 or 11.

praying for clarity and decisiveness. Put the axe to it baby!

Marcie