Saturday, August 09, 2008

Wedding fun!

I'm leaving for the U.S. in less than 2 hours...so I don't have time to download the plethora of pictures I took at Klari and Franci's wedding yesterday...but I will and get some up on my blog in the next couple of days! For now, know that it was an amazingly beautiful wedding...numerous times tears welled up in my eyes as this precious woman of God, whom I've known for 8 years and her wonderful new husband, who, every time I see him amazes me even more with his maturity, carried themselves with such grace, love and beauty, testifying to God's amazing grace, love and beauty!

The festivities started at the city hall...that's where the "legal" wedding must take place in Hungary...at 2:30 p.m. Then it moved to the church, and to make a long story short, I left the reception at 1 a.m. just as two Hungarian folk dancing pairs and Klari's sister began entertaining the guests at the reception with traditional wedding folk dancing!

What struck me most as I sat at the reception was the reality that this was a small picture of what heaven will be like! There were people there from sooooo many different nations, and everything was translated into three languages: Hungarian, Italian and German. Thankfully, at the wedding feast of the Lamb, there will be no need for translation, but to see the nations gathered for a party and people meeting and greeting and rejoicing in this celebration with Klari and Franci gave me a small taste of heaven and how wonderful it will be!

No comments: