Friday, August 08, 2008

Gettin' ready!

Francesco and Klari at ICF!


Anyone who has ever travelled much knows that getting ready, i.e. cleaning, doing laundry, packing, paying bills, cleaning, etc., can be tiring. I love the challenge though, and my bag is basically packed, except for toiletries, swimsuit (which I just used at the pool and is drying outside), and of course last minute things. Even though I don't leave til Sunday morning, tomorrow will be a full, fun day!


My dear friend and former student Klari Takacs will marry a wonderful young man from Italy, Francesco...and I always forget his last name! (Sorry Franci!) You must understand something about Hungarian weddings...they last basically all night long, or at least until the wee hours of the next morning! Klari's civil ceremony (required for every Hungarian) will start at 2:00 p.m., followed by the church ceremony at 3:00; this will be followed by the reception in another village. I spoke with the bride-to-be yesterday and she was "sad" to hear that I would have to leave before the end of the reception, due to flying out the next day. She assured me that I need to stay until at least 12:30 a.m. because there will be lots of fun and funny events til then! I will hit the road back to Szeged after that to sleep for a few hours before boarding my flight to the U.S. Sunday early afternoon! But first, I'm very excited to share in Klari and Franci's BIG day, and may they be blessed in abundance, walk closely with Jesus all the days of their lives and model what it means to be a couple who loves Jesus first!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are certainly traveling a lot! I am finally getting a chance to rest and settle in after summer term finals, then moving out of my apartment, then packing, and then traveling around for two weeks...whew! Anyway, have a great trip, and don't get too tired out : )