Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Grace and friendships

I've had an "interesting" year this past year...very challenging in many ways, primarily relationally. However, God has used it all and continues to do so.

This trip to the U.S. has been a HUGE lesson in seeing God's healing balm of grace through friendships. Not only did a good friend in Hungary volunteer to take me to the airport, but friends in Northern VA pretty much worked their entire schedule around me when flights were delayed and cancelled, and went out of their way to pick me up, feed me, etc. Then, I've got friends putting me up for a week, others working around super busy schedules to make time to see me, and friends with kids volunteering to travel HOURS to come see me, just to get a couple of hours with me! I'm humbled and floored by the love all of these friends are pouring out, the sacrificial time they are giving, and that they WANT to see me and spend time with me.

THIS is God's amazing grace in friendship...His amazing love....His amazing hand in allowing me to see that these friends are here for me through thick and thin and will drop everything. I've not always been the greatest friend TO these people; I've made mistakes, and I've had to be forgiven much. But God, in His Grace, has poured love and grace in THEIR hearts to love, accept and forgive me and they have shown much love and grace toward me!

Bless ALL of these dear ones who radiate God's healing grace!!!

No comments: