Thursday, August 25, 2005

Learning how to listen

ceo for the kids
I'm getting back in the teaching saddle next week. We had our first teacher's staff meeting yesterday, and I understood 90%. Guess that's a pretty cool testimony to God's faithfulness in helping me with this language. As I approach a new year with lots and lots of "activities" already on the agenda, and a new person trying to pull me into his/her world and agenda, I'm realizing the tremendous need I will have this year in learning how to say a very simple word: "No". I'm excited to have 14 groups of students.......most teachers would freak out at that number as it means over 200 students again. I have 5 classes of seniors, 4 juniors 3 sophomores, and 2 freshman groups. Most classes are "one-shot deals"......I have one chance per week to love on kids who desperately need to see the love of Jesus lived out before them. Lord, show me mercy and give me grace to love as You love, to see them as You see them, to hear the cries of these kids as You hear them, and to set before them one hope: Jesus Christ. To read more about loving kids through teaching, go to this link and enjoy!

No comments: