Thursday, August 25, 2005

Calm in the midst of chaos

ceo for the kids
I like visiting Budapest....not often, but every so often, it is fun to go to "the big city" and take in the hustle and bustle of the capital, especially since I know I can always hop the train out of there! Yesterday, I met a friend for coffee, and then, while waiting for my train back to Szeged, I decided that instead of hanging out in the Mc
Donald's at the train station, I would go to Margit Island....a gorgeous, idyllic place situated in the middle of the Danube river, overrun with people, but somehow, more peaceful than the bustling streets of Pest. I found myself a quiet place right next to the river, overlooking the Pest side of the city and near enough to hear the lapping of the water on the shoreline. I got comfy, pulled out my book, read for about 10 minutes and promptly fell asleep with the soft drones of cars, trams and busses in the background and more importantly, the quiet lapping of the water below me. I had set my alarm, knowing I didn't want to "worry" about making my train, and so rested fitfully for about 40 minutes while joggers went by just behind me on the path, boats and barges made their way up and down the river in front of me, and the breeze blew through the trees above me. A perfect picture of what our lives can be like in the midst of the chaotic world we sometimes find ourselves in.....calmly resting in the Father's arms, allowing Him to pour His lapping love over us as we rest with the chaos passing us by. I missed nothing, and gained everything in those minutes by the river. www.ceokids.org

No comments: