Thursday, August 04, 2005

Healing wounds

ceo for the kids
Everyone needs a faithful friend.....but what does that look like? In the book of Proverbs it states, "Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Wounds from a friend can be trusted....As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another." (Proverbs 27: 5-6a, 17) It takes a true friend to dare to rebuke and correct another, but I know that these are the kinds of true friends that I want in my life. I recently received a strong rebuke from a friend, which drove me to the only place a true rebuke should: to Jesus! And as Jesus dealt with my wounded heart, and poured out His abundant love and Truth, true healing began. Are we willing to let those closest to us sharpen us, or do we take offense, bury the hurt, build the walls, and move on? If we choose the latter route, we lose; we are trying to save our lives, when Jesus clearly admonishes us to lose our lives for His sake. When we choose the former route, those wounds are healed by the Great Healer, lovingly filled with His undying love, and we are drawn closer, not only to our precious Savior, Jesus Christ, but to the friend, who loved us enough to speak the truth in love. "Amazing love, how can it be, that thou my God should'st die for me?"

No comments: