Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Today

I got to hear from two major movie directors and producers today. In fact, I got to talk with one of them one-on-one for about 3 minutes. Tonight I started reading the book that the movie they are producing is based upon. It's REALLY good!

So, this evening, I got to thinking how easy it is for us to get excited to "be in the same room with famous people." There's a rush that hits us, an excitement, an adrenaline that flows when "that person that lots of people know" is right there in the same room in flesh and blood standing in front of you.

And of course then my thoughts went to this: How excited do I get to stand in the same room with the God of the universe, the King of Glory, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Savior of the world? Because, in reality, not only is He in my room every day, He is ever-present with me, and yet my excitement over Him often pales in comparison to my excitement about being in the room with or meeting a movie director or any other "famous" person.

I am a fallen creature.....

No comments: