Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bermuda grass and clover

In my life with God, which IS my life, I want to be like Bermuda grass and clover at the same time.

Today, as I began to do the serious work of weeding my garden, I realized the strength of Bermuda grass and the widespread covering of clover. Now Bermuda grass has deep roots and thick stems; in addition, it eventually grows long tentacles which "seed" the area around it. A friend told me that it is nearly impossible to kill Bermuda grass!

Clover, on the other hand, boasts long, thin stems which break easily, but are flexible too. In addition, as I discovered in my garden, clover spreads quickly and widely, and stands tall!

This is my first year to attempt growing a vegetable garden. I've not had time to do much weeding in the past two weeks, and because plants are just now starting to grow, I wanted to wait until the "real" plants grew before yanking out weeds because it's challenging, at times, to tell the difference. However, now I have a BIG problem. The Bermuda grass has sunk deep roots and is starting to grow tentacles; and the clover is spreading rapidly. I have a LOT of work on my hands to get my garden weed-free...or at least get the weeds under control a bit.

As I spent about an hour today weeding...and only reaching about 1/4 of the garden, I began to ponder how wonderful it would be if my life in Yeshua was as strong and widespread as both the Bermuda grass and clover are in my garden! How fabulous it would be for the love to God to, quite literally, take over an area and spread!

I want to be "unkillable" in the Spirit; I want to be flexible, but growing tall and spreading the love of Jesus widely!

No comments: