Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Loux family tribe


My missionary friend Tammy Swailes (serving in Ukraine) and I had the privilege of visiting Renee Loux and her tribe! As most of you know, Renee's husband, Derek, was killed in an auto accident on December 23, 2009. Renee and Derek have 3 "home-grown" children (one of whom went home to be with Jesus) and 8 adopted children, 5 from the Marshall Islands and 3 boys from Ukraine!


Renee is an amazing woman, as are the kids! As you can see in this picture, the 3 boys from Ukraine are doing incredibly well with Silas, in Renee's arms, growing 18 inches in the past year and at age 6, is FULL of life! I love God's tapestrial designs...I met Derek and Renee in Kansas City on a visit when I was still living in Hungary, heard they were going to Ukraine to adopt 3 special needs boys, told them about my friend Tammy who lives there and the possibility that she might be able to help them, and now, we meet again in Kansas City!


Pray for this family as they continue to grieve the tragic loss of Derek and move forward into all that God is calling them to be!

No comments: