Friday, June 26, 2009

In the last stretch...........

When I was in high school, I ran the 1600, the 800 and the 400. It didn't matter which race I was running because the last stretch, or some call it the 'home stretch' was always the same: the last 100 meters. Coming around the last curve, we were trained to lean forward, drive with our arms (thus the upper body weight training), and extend our stride for the final 'kick' at the end. Most importantly, we were instructed to run hard THROUGH the finish line, no matter what! Even if you were not in the lead, maybe you would set a new personal record! Inside, there was always a lot of pressure, and of course the competitors provided pressure from the outside as well!

I feel a LOT like I'm in the last 100 meters of my "race" here in Hungary right now. My calendar for these remaining 4 days has been FULL for days now. Yet, I am receiving calls from friends today, "Arden, can we get together?" "Arden, do you have time to meet? You only have one hour for me?" I feel loved, of course. But I also feel the pressure of packing up my LIFE here into two suitcases and a carry-on bag, leaving the flat clean and ready for the next person moving in, trying to meet with everyone I love and cherish, getting my cats ready for traveling with me in August...i.e. vet visits, and....and.....and.....the little things that come up.

Today, an unknown person called me, who does not speak English, and wanted to meet with me to talk about how I can help her get a job in the U.S.!! Oh, and this morning, I awaken to discover my internet has been shut off 5 days early...so I have to spend 2 hours, that I really didn't have, finding a solution to their mistake! (obviously, the solution was found! :-))))

Anyway, I am coming into the last turn...I am leaning forward, I am driving with my arms and extending my stride as long as I can....the pressure on the inside is real, and so are the pressures from without...but GOD! Now if I can just find 30 minutes to get quiet before the Lord and just be still! Help me Lord to run ALL the way through the finish line!

No comments: