Saturday, May 02, 2009

Interesting Joke.....

A Hungarian friend of mine told me this joke the other day. I retold it to my Hungarian colleagues and all of them agreed it is very accurate. Pondering this joke, I am now understanding Hungary and Hungarians more than I ever have before. So, here's the joke:

An American, a Russian and a Hungarian each had a cow. The American's cow died. God asked the American, "What would you like since your cow has died?" The American responded: "I would like 10 more cows because I want to start a business."

The Russian's cow died. God asked the Russian, "What would you like since your cow has died?" The Russian responded: "I would like two cows in order to have milk and meat to feed my family."

The Hungarian's cow died. God asked the Hungarian, "What would you like since your cow has died?" The Hungarian responded: "I want my neighbor's cow to die too!"

Bless those who curse you; do good to those who hate you; if your enemy takes your cloak, give him your tunic as well; if someone hits you on one cheek, turn the other to him as well.



No comments: