Sunday, May 24, 2009

Goodbye surprise party!

Receiving gifts and flowers. Bela, in the blue shirt, organized the entire gathering at his home in Szoreg. He is a precious brother in the Lord who has been given great vision from God for this area of Hungary!

Botond Rozgonyi and Eszter Szabo give the message and prepare us to take communion together.


My friend, Donna George, who let everyone know we've known each other for 21 years!


My precious sister in the Lord and friend, Eszter!




I waled into this scene of smiles and singing!






As I walked through the gate into my friends' yard, I was greeted with a loud "SURPRISE!" from about 20 people...or more....who then began to sing a wonderful Hungarian blessing song! Of course I broke into tears...the first cry of many on Saturday, and was quite relieved to know I still have emotions!



I believe I cried about a litre of tears during the afternoon on Saturday as we all shared a time of worship, communion, sharing, gift-giving, lots of hugs and kisses, great food and fellowship! A small taste of heaven!


And so the "so longs" have begun. I was seriously beginning to wonder if tears would come at all, but on Saturday, I was thrilled to cry my eyes out and let myself feel the love, receive and give to people who have loved me for 9 or more years!



Never in my life have I known such overwhelming love from people. I will cherish this day forever! Thank you to all who made it so very special!

2 comments:

pepus said...

i didnt stand up and say anything Sweetie 'cause i have too many things to say. i cant even start listing them. i love you so so much and you have been such a channel of God's transformational love and grace for me all these years, high school included, and still counting :) pepus

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

I know, and if you had stood up, I would have bawled, and so would have you...and it would not have been "pretty"! I KNOW you love me! :-)))))))))))))))) And right back at you about things to say about YOU and how God has blessed ME through you!