Thursday, May 14, 2009

From C.S. Lewis

"I believe in Christ like I believe in the sun, not just because I see it, but because by it I can see everything else." (C.S. Lewis)


Father, help us to look at EVERYTHING around us from Your perspective!


The past couple of days have been interesting. I've seen God work in ways I've never seen Him work before.

I was presented with a situation, which upon first glance, made me step back and wonder. That 'wonder' turned to questions, which turned to thinking, processing, praying, conferring, reading, more praying, writing, and finally, a clear breaking in by the Holy Spirit.

I knew what God was asking me to do, and I knew it was a test, and I knew that if I didn't pass this test that I would face a similar test again, and again, and again, until I passed. It was a challenging test, but when I got the answer from God, I knew what needed to be done. Doing it, was the next step in the test.

However, the surprising work of God came when the 'situation' I was facing completely changed. The test was before me...and I was so excited to pass! However, God surprised me. You see, without any words spoken, any human discussion, God stepped in on the other side of the equation and did pretty much the same thing on that side that He did with me.

I stand amazed, but I shouldn't be probably, at how the Holy Spirit spoke clearly in a situation where no words were spoken regarding the situation. And I believe with ALL my heart that because the one on the other side of the situation passed his test, and I on my side of the situation passed my test, that blessings in abundance are headed our way, even beyond the blessings we've immediately received in the process.

I have learned MUCH through this: stop, pray, listen, read, pray, listen, obey.



No comments: