Wednesday, December 03, 2008

My 600th post


Ok, I have a friend who has been blogging fewer years than I have and he has many more posts than I do...this is NOT a competition. :-) But I'm pretty excited to be posting my 600th post.


So what is my topic for this 600th post? Hmmmm, I usually have one before I log on and start blogging, but today, this is quite spontaneous.


Maybe I should talk about my two cats, Toby and Simon (see Toby above in his favorite position)...but I've already spent way too many posts on them.


I could talk about the goodness of God...how in the last 2 weeks He's done so much and revealed His grace and love in such tangible ways that I've been almost overwhelmed by Him!


Or I could talk about the fact that it's getting dark by 4 p.m. here now, and I'm usually ready to go to bed by about 7 p.m. cuz of the dark. But that's pretty superficial.


I could blog about how much I'm loving getting connected on facebook with SO many friends, former classmates from high school and some from university, former students, current friends around the globe and how I now have over 200 friends on facebook and am looking forward to adding more!


Then there is always the topic of Christmas....but that's still weeks away.


So, I guess for my 600th, I'll end with this quote from Charles Dickens, English major that I was:
"It was the best of times; it was the worst of times." (A Tale of Two Cities).
Why? 2008 has most definitely been both the best of times and the worst of times for me thus far in my life. The worst has been tremendous loss and grief. The best has been developing an intimacy with Father God like I've never known in my life...which continues to grow. Thus, the best FAR outshines the worst, and like Paul, I will forget what is behind and strive toward what lies ahead!
Right now, that is blog number 601. ha ha ha!!!


No comments: